Christmas Awards 2011

Tuesday 10 July 2007

Interview with Missy Sue Hanson


Tell us a little about yourself

I’m not sure you want to know, lol. I’m 27, I live in Missouri with my five year old son whom I affectionately refer to as “Peanut”. He is the best thing I have ever and will ever do. I’m silly, clumsy and love Halloween. I collect witches. My kitchen is full of them, lol.

I love anything creative…..writing, painting, designing. I used to own a crafts business where I made and sold patterns for dolls and other fabric sculptures.


What do you write?

Paranormal all the way. I’m infatuated with anything un-real, lol. And, of course, it’s got to be romance!


Why do you write?

Escape. The same reason that I read. It takes me to a place where I can create anybody and anything I wish.


What are you writing now?

Right now I’m in the process of trying to finish one of my upcoming releases with Dark Eden Press. It’s called Sinless Rogue and is about a lady vamp who carries big burdens and also has other unworldly powers other than her vamp status (has to stay a secret, lol).


What kind of clothes do you like to wear?

Hanes all the way, lol. If it has elastic and no tag, I’m in it, rofl. Unless I’m riding my horses, then I’m in jeans, but I usually crawl out of them the minute I’m able.


Are you in love? Have you ever been?

Oh, boy, am I ever in love. A cowboy who was the first person to ever believe in me, through everything. He’s tall and looks a bit like Hugh Jackman, which is why I love the actor and all his movies, he reminds me of my sweetheart…..or is it the other way around??....rofl. My book, Bayou Summons, was dedicated to my love.


Do you have a dream lover – and what does he look like?

You know, I do have a dream lover, but I’ve never really paid too much attention to his face, lol. But, now thinking of it, I’d say he has really dark blonde hair and is tall, muscular with the chiselled face of every warrior hero.


What kind of comfort food do you like best?

Anything that is loaded with carbs and guaranteed to go straight to my hips, lol. I love biscuits and bread and green beans…YUM!


What makes you laugh? Cry?

My son makes me laugh. I cry for lots of different reasons, sometimes it’s just because I need to. I’m a big believer in emotions and showing them. Unless I’m mad, I never show those, lol.


What do you do to amuse yourself when not working?

My son and I have saber fights, does that count??.....lol…he usually wants to be Darth Vader, I keep telling him that he doesn’t want to be evil, but he doesn’t listen. The force is strong in that one, lol.


What is it in a man or woman that turns you on? The clean version please!

I love hands……something about a man’s hands that drive me crazy. For me, they can make or break my attraction, lol.

What do you hate about life?

The realization that you really can’t protect your children from everything.

What do you hope to achieve in life and when will you know that you have been a success?

My only hope is to support myself and my son. To be able to put aside money just in case he wants to go to college. For me, that would be ultimate satisfaction. If it was anything more than that, I’d probably die of a heart attack and not be able to enjoy it anyway, lol.

What are you going to write next?

I’m working on a book for Dark Eden Press that will probably release after Sinless Rogue, which would be September, I believe. The only thing I can say is that it might be different from what I’m used to…..*zipping lips*

I am looking forward to reading Bayou Summons, Anne!

No comments: