Christmas Awards 2011

Monday 30 November 2009

An Interview with Anne Herries




Tell us a little about yourself

I write as Anne Herries for Harlequin Mills & Boon and under various other names for different publishers. I am married and live in Cambridgeshire in England.

What do you write?
I write historical and quite a few Regency Romances

Why do you write?
Because I love it and the stories just keep coming. If I didn't write them down I would have no room in my mind for anything else, but once they are told I can put them aside.



What are you writing now?
I have just started the first of a new Regency trilogy, but I am also writing a big Medieval story and there are some sagas on the go too.


What kind of clothes do you like to wear?
I like to dress up when I am going somewhere and have a favourite brownish silk dress in a pattern with a dipped neck and loose sleeves that I wear with a beige silk jacket. For everyday it is usually jeans and a top depending on the weather. I've worn cut offs a lot this summer.


Are you in love? Have you ever been?
Very much so. With my husband – but also with life and the house where I live, Spain and my squirrels


Do you have a dream lover – and what does he or she look like?
Oh yes, he is a handsome, Regency gentleman and very gallant and brave. Just like my husband would be if he had lived in those times. Once for a fancy dress he wore Regency clothes and a long wig – and that was it, dream come true!


What kind of comfort food do you like best?
Chocolate and strawberries and ice cream



What makes you laugh? Cry?
I love a good comedy sketch, like Dad's Army or the early Fools & Horses, but in real life I think watching the squirrels at play brings the biggest smile – and my husband makes me laugh all the time.

I cry at injustice, at seeing people ill or in trouble and losing someone you care for is the worst.



What do you do to amuse yourself when not working?
When was that – oh yes, I seem to remember I had a day off last Christmas. Seriously, I love to watch a good film, walk in the sunshine in Spain, watch squirrels in the garden or go out for a delicious meal.



What is it in a man or woman that turns you on? The clean version please!

I like nice hands – and they should smell pleasant too.


What do you hate about life?

Unfairness and injustice. I get angry when people try to impose unfair laws or arrest someone just because their skin isn't the same colour as their own.

What do you hope to achieve in life and when will you know that you have been a success?

I would love to get another book into mainstream paperback, but apart from that I am pretty happy with the way things are. As long as the people I care for keep well and things don't go pear shaped, I think life is as good as it gets.

What are you going to write next?

Lots more Mills and Boon romances. Perhaps a few sagas and fingers crossed on the big medieval. That could change everything.

No comments: