Christmas Awards 2011

Monday 25 February 2008

Interview With Marie Rochelle


Tell us a little about yourself: Hi! I’m Marie Rochelle. I love reading good books and writing them too. I love listening to music and collecting butterflies. I think I have a fun personality and attitude towards life.


What do you write? I write interracial romances between black women and white men. I also wrote a IR romance between a black woman and a native American man called Be With You.


Why do you write? I write because I want to be able to draw readers into another world and enjoy getting lost into two characters that they will start to care about.


What are you writing now? I’m working on the next book in my Men of CCD series and the Drace Brother series.


What kind of clothes do you like to wear? I love wearing skirts and boots. I’ve a couple of jeans in my clothes.


Are you in love? Have you ever been? No, I’m not in the love at the moment. I think I’ve been in “lust” a lot with a few men, but never truly in love.


Do you have a dream lover – and what does he look like? YES! I have a dream lover and he looks like several men, but I can’t tell because then someone else would be able to dream about him. 


What kind of comfort food do you like best? I love peanut butter cookies, so I have to stay away from them. I eat them every once in a while. 


What makes you laugh? Cry? I love a good comedy to make me laugh. I cry when something really touches me.


What do you do to amuse yourself when not working? I love word search puzzles. I could work on them for hours.


What is it in a man or woman that turns you on? The clean version please! I love when a man is tall, dark and handsome and a slight accent doesn’t hurt. I love for a man to look like a man and not a boy.

What do you hate about life? I really don’t think I hate anything about life. I only wish everyone is given a fair chance and people aren’t judged by their appearances so much.

What do you hope to achieve in life and when will you know that you have been a success? What I want to achieve most out of life is happiness. I want to be able to know that I’m happy because I just love who I am. I think that I’m already a success because I’ve a wonderful family and a lot of fans that enjoy my writing.

What are you going to write next? I’m hoping to start a new series, but I don’t want to give too much away. I want it to be a surprise for my fans.

No comments: