Christmas Awards 2011

Thursday 21 June 2007

Interview For Anne Whitfield


Ane Whitfield wrote Long Distance Love, which we featured on red roses.
Tell us a little about yourself
I’m an Australian author, married with three children. I write historical mainstream novels with romantic elements, contemporary romance novels and short stories. I enjoy reading medieval fiction and doing research for my novels, plus I like genealogy.



What do you write?
I write historical mainstream, contemporary romance and short stories all usually set in either England or Australia.



Why do you write?
I write because I couldn’t survive not to. I cannot imagine a life not writing. There are too many characters in my head and if I don’t write them down, I’d go mad from them all buzzing around in there.
What are you writing now?
I’m in the middle of writing a historical set in East Yorkshire, England during Word War II titled, Broken Hero.



What kind of clothes do you like to wear?
Comfy clothes! Basically jeans or three quarter pants and a shirt most days, but I do like to wear flowy skirts, as they make me feel feminine.



Are you in love? Have you ever been?
I’m in love with my husband, and I also experienced love before meeting him.
Do you have a dream lover – and what does he look like?
I think my husband does a pretty good job of being a dream lover – could I say anything different? LOL



What kind of comfort food do you like best?
Chocolate! Good quality chocolate will see me through anything, though I do like ice cream too.



What makes you laugh? Cry?
Lots of things make me laugh. There are members of my family who have that comic ability to make me laugh. My best friend makes me laugh when we talk of our escapades when younger.
I cry at my kids’ school concerts or award days – very embarrassing for them. I cry watching sad films or seeing other people cry, like at airports!
What do you do to amuse yourself when not working?
Apart from reading, I do like gardening and taking the dog for a walk. Also going to the movies and going out for a coffee with family or friends. I’m also addicted to the computer game, Age of Empires.

What is it in a man or woman that turns you on? The clean version please!
I like beautiful eyes in a man, a good body never hurts either! I also like a sense of humour.



What do you hate about life?
That there is no cure for cancer. I lost two members of my family to cancer, my brother-in-law and my mother, and it devastated us.



What do you hope to achieve in life and when will you know that you have been a success?
I hope to achieve (with help from my husband) to produce three children who grow into adults who are kind, caring and generous.



With regards to my writing I hope to always keep producing good stories and I guess I’ll know if I’ve been successful by the kind letters and emails I get from readers.



What are you going to write next?
I’m going to write another Victorian historical set in England and another historical set in Australia, plus hopefully more contemporary short stories and perhaps another novel set in WWII.

No comments: