Christmas Awards 2011

Sunday 3 June 2007

Interview For Amanda Grange


Amanda writes wonderful Regency books for Robert Hale, Anne
Tell us a little about yourself
I live in Cheshire, a pretty county in England, and when I’m not writing, I enjoy gardening, cooking and reading. I also love to shop!

What do you write?
I write historical romances, mainly set in the Regency period, although one or two of them are set in the Edwardian period.

Why do you write?
I write because I have a lot of stories in my head and I want to tell them.

What are you writing now?
I’m writing Col Brandon’s Diary, which is a retelling of Jane Austen’s Sense and Sensibility from Brandon’s point of view.

What kind of clothes do you like to wear?
When I’m writing I wear something comfortable, usually jeans and a T shirt or jumper. When I go out I like to dress up. My favourite clothes are cotton sundresses, probably because I associate them with good weather.

Do you have a dream lover – and what does he look like?
My dream lover is Mr Darcy. I see him as tall, dark and handsome.

What kind of comfort food do you like best?
Anything with chocolate in it.

What makes you laugh? Cry?
Lots of things make me laugh. Comedy on TV or in books, joking with friends. As for crying, the usual things.

What is it in a man or woman that turns you on? The clean version please!
A good sense of humour and a positive outlook on life.

What do you hope to achieve in life and when will you know that you have been a success?
I’m not really driven by achievement or success.

What are you going to write next?
Another Jane Austen retelling, I think. I love doing them, in fact I’m hooked, retelling Austen’s novels from the heroes’ points of view is better than chocolate

No comments: