Christmas Awards 2011

Thursday 2 August 2007

Interview with JC McCabe


Tell us a little about yourself . I’m married with three grown children and a German Shepherd. And ever since I could hold a pen I wanted to write stories.





What do you write? Romantic suspense





Why do you write? Writing is a gift that I can give to people.





What are you writing now? I am finishing my first novel KILLER CAREGIVER which is a romance suspense.





What kind of clothes do you like to wear? Because I am writing full time now, I dress casually. Jeans, shorts, depending on the weather but when I go out, I like to dress for the occasion.





Are you in love? Have you ever been? Yes. I’ve been married to the same man for almost twenty-nine years. I met my husband when I was seventeen years old and married him at nineteen.





Do you have a dream lover – and what does he look like? Oh yes…I have a few dream lovers….hmm, for my stories of course! Because I try and write about real people, I make sure my characters look like real people. My character Abby is a survivor of a sadist attack so she has scars. I guess if you’re living in the fire you have to look like you’re living in the fire.





What kind of comfort food do you like best? I love sweets but I am a vegetarian so I don’t overdose on sweets. Everything in moderation but I certainly will not snub a caramel chocolate bar or Reese’

Chocolate bar etc. etc. etc.





What makes you laugh? Cry? A great comedy show. Old reruns of I love Lucy. Suffering people make me cry. Those that have been abused. Sick children.





What do you do to amuse yourself when not working? I love to read. Exercise. I am most at ease when I am working out.





What is it in a man or woman that turns you on? The clean version please! A man who takes care of himself, is handsome but not because he has perfect features or a perfect body but a perfect heart. That's hot to me.



What do you hate about life? It isn't life I hate but what destroys it is what I hate. I hate what happened on 9-11and what has resulted from that tragedy.



What do you hope to achieve in life and when will you know that you have been a success? I think helping someone in need is an achievement. I try and help people everyday. This is a great feeling to know that I helped someone through a difficult time or watered someone's flowers, cared for someone who was sick. This is a great feeling to me. Fills me with great satisfaction. I will know I've been a success when God says "Good work, my good and faithful servant, come home." Oh and I'd like to see my novel Killer Caregiver a movie. I see it now everyday but no one else has yet....there's time....



What are you going to write next? Right at this time two ideas I have are kick boxing each other so I suppose whatever one wins, I'll write it. But these two plots are not even close knocking themselves out. No white flags here either....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have known JC for 30 plus years. She has written some great short stories. Finally, someone
has embraced her art. I am anxiously awaiting the first printing. God Bless.

Ann

Unknown said...

I have known JC for 30 plus years. She has written some great short stories. Finally, someone
has embraced her art. I am anxiously awaiting the first printing. God Bless.

Ann