Christmas Awards 2011

Wednesday 29 August 2007

Interview with BL Foxxe


Tell us a little about yourself…

I recently hit the big three oh, on August eighteenth, two oh oh seven. I was born in nineteen seventy-seven. I live in California, but have lived in Buffalo, New York for ten months; and in Newport News, and Hampton, Virginia for two and a half years. I gained inspiration, a few realizations about my strengths and weaknesses, and am glad to be back in my home state once more.


What do you write?

Paranormal, Fantasy, futuristic, sometimes alternate history, it depends on my mood. I also am working on a few young adult novels, with another pen name. Only recently I got into the erotica contemporary scene. I’m still working on some kinks which like to appear in my books at the worst of times.

Why do you write?

It is compulsive. I have to do it. I go into withdrawal if I don’t. On the flipside, when I’m having a bad week, I go into a bad depression. So I’m trying to work on gaining a balance.

What are you writing now?

Second novella to Parking Lot Warmup which has been contracted for Dark Eden Press. I’m also working on a paranormal one that I’ll submit soon. Not sure if it’ll be vampire or not. I go with the flow and whatever the muse wants to portray itself as this time.

I’m also doing edits for other novellas in a few other publishing houses, but since this is Dark Eden, I’m not going to discuss those.

What kind of clothes do you like to wear?

Comfortable, slouchy, give the bag ladies a run for their money in bulky stuff. Seriously, I am learning what new styles I do best in. Right at this moment, I’m wearing a light cotton top which goes to the middle of my thighs and gray stretch shorts with lace edging the bottoms. Normally I’m in sweat pants and some kind of long loose shirt with sleeves.

Are you in love? Have you ever been?

Right now? No. I thought I was in the past, none of the relationships worked out. I’m no virgin, but I’m not convinced I shouldn’t go past the imagination of the mind at the moment.

Do you have a dream lover – and what does he look like?

Ehhh…oh jeez. Uhm, yes I do sort of. Only he ain’t human if you get my drift. I sometimes see him as a vampire, other times as a shifting griffon. What I can honestly say is that he shifts his coloration around, leaving me guessing what he’ll look like next. Lately though I haven’t seen him, in dreams or anything else…So right now, I don’t know what he looks like.

What kind of comfort food do you like best?

Some people like chocolate. I like munching on whatever is available. For me its turkey bologna, cheese, and crackers. It could even be small cups of fruit. I used to drink soda, but stopped except for once a week, cause it was killing my teeth. I still drink coffee, and tea once in a blue moon. May start drinking it again until I can find better coffee that my stomach will tolerate.

What makes you laugh? Cry?

What makes me laugh? A good joke, usually a forward. A good book with its comedic moments and great way of dealing with situations which could otherwise be horrible.

What makes me cry? Unnecessary loss of life. Frustration with plans gone wrong. A poignant moment in a good book. Yes, I read lots and lots of different books.

What do you do to amuse yourself when not working?

I do some role playing on yahoo groups. Usually the kind where I’m in with a fairly small crowd of like-minded individuals who won’t turn into a snobby clique and refuse to write with others who are learning the ropes. Currently, I’m in three, on hiatus for two, and working on creating one that may or may not become an actual book series. *shrug*

I’m not into the live action type of scenario because I’m nowhere near where some of those events take place. I’m also not the most sociable gal around either.

Just recently I began Jazzercise class again because 1) I happen to like the flow of music and steps in a routine which can be downright challenging. 2) I needed the exercise since I wasn’t able to walk very far without some nasty pain in my ankles and knees. 3) It keeps me going, even though I’ve only attended three days so far.

What is it in a man or woman that turns you on? The clean version please!

Good question. First off, I’d say that intelligence is critical, but not to the point that I’m being made to feel like a complete ignoramus. It doesn’t go over well. Errm, fairly nice appearance, not model perfect, but at least clean is good. I’m sure there are other things, but I’m drawing a severe blank. I guess that’s why half of my characters are snarly individuals at first glance or description before they might actually begin mellowing out. Not to mention…I no longer really know or care what turns me on. Mostly the alpha growlers in darn good books. *grin* Hope that helps.

What do you hate about life?

Not being able to find a blasted job! Grrr…uh anyways, just something that is giving me a bad moment or two recently. I also don’t like the fact that I feel like a parasite at the moment. It doesn’t give me the warm and fuzzies because I hate feeling useless.

What do you hope to achieve in life and when will you know that you have been a success?

I hope to achieve good sales for all the books I write, now and in the future, although I’m still learning the ropes from those times in the past.

*Major sarcasm alert* Gee…when I can at least say that I’m now living in an apartment on my own? That I don’t have any debts? *sigh – end sarcasm alert*

In all honesty, I really don’t know. I’ll be happy when I can announce release dates for books no matter where they’re being sold. That I think is when I know I’ve made some success.

What are you going to write next?

Mmmm…working on different projects. Have about three zillion works in progress. I’ve got a few currently filed in a folder called “Writer’s Block and Headache” mainly because I don’t know when I first started them and why I’m drawing a blank.

I’ll probably do something with a mix of elements

No comments: