Christmas Awards 2011

Sunday 21 October 2007

Interview With Dana Littlejohn

Tell us a little about yourself: I am Dana Littlejohn, wife, mom, sister, god-mother, aunt, friend...I wear so many hats. I wouldn’t know where to start.

What do you write? I write sensual erotic romance. I blend of the two I think.

Why do you write? To release the people who live in my head.

What are you writing now? I just finished a voo/magic kind of romance called Cajun Magic.

What kind of clothes do you like to wear? I don’t really have a style, but I have been told I am unique, but don’t know if that was a compliment or not. LOL If I’m not leaving the house I take a hot shower and put on my over sized satin pajamas.

Are you in love? Have you ever been? Oh yes. My husband is literally my best friend and I love him dearly. He is my second husband and after being young and naïve in the first I do know I am truly in love this time.

Do you have a dream lover – and what does he look like? Although I appreciate the beauty in all men, tall, short, buffed, slim, dark, light, black, white, Spanish, (I like them all!) I will say I am partial to short,(under 5’6”) stocky men. I can snuggle in the neck of a man that size.

What kind of comfort food do you like best? I love ice cream. My favourite is Ben and Jerry’s Cherry Garcia.

What makes you laugh? Cry? I love comedies. I laugh at crazy stuff like spoof movies (Kung Fu Hustle is my favourite). I cry when other people cry. I connect with other people pain. I live in a house full of men and they call me a cry baby when I see people on TV cry and I cry with them. I don’t watch movies that will make me cry or scare me. I don’t like to be scared, I’d rather laugh.

What do you do to amuse yourself when not working? I always keep my creative side working. If I’m not writing I’m crocheting, colouring pictures for my office wall or making crafts for whatever holiday might be coming up.

What is it in a man or woman that turns you on? The clean version please! I like a confident man, an alpha male, someone who knows how to take control without over powering me.

What do you hate about life? I hate prejudice. We are all God’s children and the same underneath.

What do you hope to achieve in life and when will you know that you have been a success? I want to be a positive person to all that I come in contact with. When someone asks anyone if they know Dana Littlejohn I want the response to be “Yeah, I know her. She’s great! I just love her.” That’s when I know I’ve done what I’m supposed to do. I know everyone won’t do that and I’m not looking to be liked by everyone, I just want to be a positive person.

What are you going to write next? Now that I am done with Cajun Magic I am going to start Hadji’s Princess. It’s another magic thing, taking place in Egypt with a handsome prince, a beautiful princess and a beautiful but evil genie.

No comments: