Christmas Awards 2011

Monday 12 March 2007

Anaz-Voohri



Operation: Pleiades/ Anaz-Voohri/ Vijay Schartz/ Triskelion publishing
This book is not a romance but it does have a love story at its heart. It is actually a science fiction story about aliens planning to take over the world and
the men and women devoted to stopping them.
When Zack Duncan was a young man his little sister Ashley was snatched from her bed by an alien being. Zack witnessed the kidnapping and should have died, but Kavak, the war leader of the Anaz –Voohri, messed up and he survived and recovered. From then on he was determined that the truth should be heard and devoted his life to finding his sister. Along the way he met an army lieutenant Tia Vargas and despite the tough training he endured at her hands, he began to fall in love with her. However, these are dangerous times and when Zack is terribly injured protecting Tia it leads them down separate paths for some years.
I have to admit that this isn't my favourite genre, though I thought the book was tense, exciting and imaginative. I liked Zack's tenacity and the way the story panned out at the end. I think this must be one of a series, which I am sure will enthral lovers of this genre for some books to come. For the romance that it does contain I award four red roses. Anne

No comments: