Christmas Awards 2011

Tuesday 3 July 2007

Interview with Robert Cloud


Tell us a little about yourself

I am Robert Cloud, and of Native American descent. My dream of writing began at a very early age. I was writing for the school newspaper in elementary school at the age of seven and had my first published poem for which I received $10 at the age of ten.

I have always had a very active imagination, so much so, that some of my early stories even had my teachers and principal recommending that my parents seek therapy for me. LOL. Little did they realize it was just the imagination of someone that loved to dream.

School was a breeze for me. I never had to take books home to study except for my Latin classes. Which made my classmates angry with me. Yet, I was always writing. I wrote three plays in sixth grade that were all performed by my sixth grade class and another in high school that the principal decided was too risqué for the school to perform.

My interest had lay with science fiction, fantasy and horror and because of this I had never imagined myself to be an erotic romance author, however the one thing I always felt was missing in most of these novels, even the novels by the great authors was the passion. How much greater would some of their work have been in the main male and female leads had had a strong romantic and passionate story before the horror had begun. Then the horror would have tore more deeply into the souls of the readers. This is one of my goals when I go to write that piece of horror romance. It will terrify you but it will also be a true erotic romance.


What do you write?

My main area is erotic romance however I cover and will cover all the other sub-genres associated with it. My first novel was BDSM in nature. A tale of a Master and slave romance. My second work is part of a paranormal anthology.
I am working on a sequel to the anthology, a sequel to the first piece, a whimsical Christmas piece, and a suspense piece. There are also plans for Horror, Fantasy, Sci-Fi and many more genres to touch upon.


Why do you write?

I don’t really have a choice. The stories that are in my mind demand to be written. However, sometimes they get so convoluted that it is hard to put them on the screen.


What are you writing now?
I am working on two sequels, one a paranormal sequel to The Crimson Z, which is the priority. The second is the sequel to my first novel. I am also working on a whimsical Christmas piece.


What kind of clothes do you like to wear?

Loose fitting. Jeans almost always, but the shirts vary. Mostly black, or red however I also wear gray, or light blue.


Are you in love? Have you ever been?

Let’s start with the second half first. I think we all have been in love. Sometimes it turns out sour and hurts us deeply, sometimes it is a wonderful thing. I have been in love many times and each time I hope that this will be the one that will last me a lifetime. Each time before now I have been disappointed as things failed. However, now I am in love with the most wonderful woman I could ever have dreamed of.
Can I compare her to my past loves? No. Because there is no comparison. I have never felt like this. Never. I have never had someone love me so deeply, and need me so much without making me feel like they only needed me for security and not love. No, this woman truly shares the love.


Do you have a dream lover – and what does he/she look like?

If you were to read my first novel, most of the description of the heroine is my dream lover. I say most, because of one key factor. The idea for the story came from a situation when I was talking to someone and in honor of that person I kept their race and even used a modified form of their name for the character. So hair color and race are the only two factors that do not apply.
I am a large man, and though I would never have turned a woman away because of any factor of height or size, I think all women are beautiful and sexy… Yes, I truly do. Yet, my dream has been a petite woman. Very small. More than a foot smaller than me, less than half my weight, blond hair, cobalt blue eyes so intense you drown in them.
The woman that found me truly is my dream and fits the description uncannily.


What kind of comfort food do you like best?

I used to have comfort foods… LOL… That was before I lost 152 pounds. I still have 98 pounds to go before I reach my first goal and then I will decide if I want to lose more and get closer to what the weight charts say I should weigh. I used to weigh 475. I am currently at 323, and my goal is 225. According to the charts someone that stands 6’-1 and is large framed should be 180 pounds. However, even my own doctor tells me I would be too skinny at that weight. So I will stop at 225 and decide then to continue or not.


What makes you laugh? Cry?

Children. Seeing a father show his love to his son. These things touch me more than anything else. As well as feeling the fear of loosing someone near and dear to me.


What do you do to amuse yourself when not working?

I do bead weaving. Both loom-work and peyote stitch. I have just starting talking walks now that my knees can handle it again. Soon I hope to be able to go back to my old exercise routine.


What is it in a man or woman that turns you on? The clean version please!

Very easy to keep it clean. Honesty, a bright smile, bright, big, beautiful eyes.


What do you hate about life?

How it never seems to fail that even when things seem there lowest, something else will happen to take you even lower.


What do you hope to achieve in life and when will you know that you have been a success?

I see you said life and not in my career… So in life I want a family. So far that has been denied me. I am hoping that with my new love that that will be something that will happen.


What are you going to write next?

So many ideas to choose from!!! LOL… I have a folder that has over 100 paragraphs of ideas for books. When I am done with the four I am working on I will open that and see which one calls out to me. If something else does not pop into my mind that is more compelling in the meantime.

The woman I am talking to and I are contemplating writing a children’s story together… She is doing most of the work, I am just tossing her ideas.

We had one of this author's books on the site recently, and our reviewer was impressed. I have to say I am impressed with the interview, Anne

No comments: