Christmas Awards 2011

Saturday 7 July 2007

Interview with Capri Montgomery


Tell us a little about yourself

I tend must be the most boring writer in the world. I haven’t jumped out of a plane, or out ran a police car. I didn’t experiment in college, and I’d rather be at home with an old movie than out partying on a Friday Night.

I think that comes with being an artist. I’m not outgoing, and it takes a lot for me to warm up to people. But I can get lost in my art so easily. I write and I do photography for art and, trying to start my own studio, and I’m constantly working. Amazingly, that suits me just fine right now.


What do you write?

I write multiple genres. I write some poetry, mystery, suspense, sci-fi, contemporary, and recently, erotic romance as well. Whatever’s going on in my head is usually what makes its way onto the paper.


Why do you write?

Because I can’t stop lol. Seriously, writing has always provided me with comfort. Not only do I get to transfer the movie in my head down to paper, but I also get free therapy in the process.


What are you writing now?

The list is too long to rattle off. I have at least fifteen and at most twenty-five stories in progress right now. Currently, I’m focusing on my next contemporary novel, Sleeping Inn.


What kind of clothes do you like to wear?

I like to wear things that I feel comfortable in and that complement my body. I love the fashions from old Hollywood, the fifties and the sixties—they really knew how to make clothes back then.


Are you in love? Have you ever been?

No, to both questions.


Do you have a dream lover – and what does he look like?

He would look like Michael Shanks from season three of Stargate SG-1. He’d have Hugh Jackman’s accent and Sean Connery’s charm lol. Seriously, I haven’t really given much thought to a dream lover. I’m too busy creating them for my characters. I think that I’d really focus on the inner package and not the outer. My taste in men has changed over the years, but the one thing that has remained the same is the inner package.


What kind of comfort food do you like best?

I don’t have comfort food. I’m one of those people, if I’m depressed I don’t eat.


What makes you laugh? Cry?

That’s hard to say. I’m amused at some of the strangest things. It just depends on how my brain links things together. When I drove down through California from Seattle, I passed a sign that read, “Weed Next 3 Exits” and I started laughing. I told you I’m amused by some of the strangest things.

As for what makes me cry, other people’s pain. It’s so hard to watch somebody suffer, be that emotionally or physically.


What do you do to amuse yourself when not working?

I’m not sure, other than sleeping, that there’s ever a time when I’m not working. I have my day job. I just contracted nine books—Ride A Cowboy being the first release of those nine contracts, and I’m an artist. When I’m not writing, I’m shooting pictures, and when I’m not shooting, I’m processing. There’s not much downtime in that schedule.


What is it in a man or woman that turns you on? The clean version please!

I look for confidence in a man, but not over confidence. I look for passion, intelligence and respect. I find those qualities attractive.

What do you hate about life?

Pain. I hate that anybody has to experience pain in their lives.

What do you hope to achieve in life and when will you know that you have been a success?

I would really love to find happiness in whatever I do. I figure, if I’m happy, then everything else falls into place.

I think I’m successful in my life. I have a good relationship with my family and friends. That takes hard work. I’d like to think I’m successful at it.

What are you going to write next?

I’m going to get some work done on the spin off from my novel, The Bride Wore Black. The wedding planning business offers a lot of room for storytelling.

I read Ride a cowboy and enjoyed this fun book, Anne

4 comments:

Adriana said...

Great Interview, Capri! So glad you HAVE to keep on writing!

Adriana

P. Robinson said...

What a great interview- I loved learning more about you!
Twenty-Five WIP? Wow is all I can say!
Kissa

Elizabeth Black said...

Great interview, Capri. Lots of cool information about you.

Lizzie

none said...

Thanks you all! Yes, 25 things to either finish writing or editing. That's probably not a good thing, but at least I know I'll always have something to work on ;o)

Capri