Christmas Awards 2011

Monday 2 July 2007

Interview with Lee Rush


Tell us a little about yourself
– I’m Lee Rush, author of “Bound by Fate and contributor to “The Crimson Z”. I’m a grandmother of three, mother of two and wife of 44.5 years. I was in the medical field with a national hospital corporation for 25 years before I tired to retire and stay home with hubby. He was diagnosed with some deteriorating health problems which led to a necessary return to work. Now I work nights and my daughter has moved back home to be with him while I’m at work. A few years back I kind of turned into an internet junkie, got into role playing and eventually got back to the thing I had wanted to do since I was very young…WRITE!!


What do you write?
I write erotic romance for Black Velvet Seductions and I’m loving it! When I thought about being a writer when I was younger, it was always in the sci-fi genre, cause after all…I AM a trekker! LOL! But I seem to have found something I’m pretty good at doing so I’m not going to change it now.


Why do you write?
Because I need to! It helps me to cope with the stresses of the days and takes me away from problems. Also…I need to get the words out, live some of my fantasies on paper, I guess.


What are you writing now?
I’m in the midst of rewriting my piece for the next “Crimson Z” volume, working on a rewrite of my first book which was with another publisher as ebook only and there’s always the new story about an evil, nasty dom and what he did to his poor innocent subbie.


What kind of clothes do you like to wear?
Jeans shorts and tshirts and sandals. I live in Florida and it’s pretty much the uniform of the day around here. Also, my job is pretty laid back and I can wear the same clothes to work which makes it a lot more comfy than having to worry about runs in pantyhose and aching feet from heels!!


Are you in love? Have you ever been?
Yes! I’m in love with the heroes in my books! Chuckles, here…and of course with hubby. I mean I’ve had him for so many years now I guess I’ll keep him. I guess he kind of swept me off my feet cause we were married only three weeks after we met! There are days now when I would love to shoot him but the moments pass and he’s my old honey again…who would have thought it would last this long after only three weeks?


Do you have a dream lover – and what does he look like?
My dream lover when I’m writing is the current hero in my story. I have a fantasy about a certain character from “Bound by Fate” who was modelled after somebody I met online but that’s a deep secret, so ssshhh.


What kind of comfort food do you like best?
Hmm, veggie soup that I make from scratch and of course the spaghetti that hubby loves so much!

What makes you laugh? Cry?
A happy story, my grandkids, finishing my latest work, the dog sneaking one foot at a time into the recliner to snuggle my hubby when he falls asleep there (an 85 lb. pit bull that thinks she’s a lap dog!) Crying? Remembering a dear friend that died a couple years ago…we spent a lot of time together online and I learned a lot from him. Another friend that simply walked away from our relationship without a word, a sad movie and hubby’s health problems.

What do you do to amuse yourself when not working?
Talk to friends online, knit, crochet, READ!! Sometimes I find the time to paint but it’s been a while.


What is it in a man or woman that turns you on? The clean version please!
Chuckles at the clean version…strength of character, understanding, a ready smile, caring, the ability to accept me for what and who I am without conditions, and somebody who doesn’t automatically think I’m feeble and dim witted simply because I’m older now.
What do you hate about life? Injustice, politicians who harp on the same subject over and over without concern for what their constituents think or believe. As I’ve grown older I’ve also come to hate the policy of the drug companies to hold medications at such high prices when most older people who need them can no longer afford them. I don’t do well with people who think they know more than I do simply because they are in a position of management over me.


What do you hope to achieve in life and when will you know that you have been a success?
I hope to some day have as many books out there as say Stephen King that are as well received as his are. And when I no longer have to have another job to support my family, I’ll know I’ve been successful.

What are you going to write next?
See the above what I’m working on…but after the rewrites are done for “Z” I need to finish the evil dom story, and the rewrite of my first book. I read it now and wonder how it ever made it to an ebook! With the help of my current publisher, Laurie Sanders, it will be so much better than the original! She’s great and shows me how to fix it, making suggestions instead of doing it herself. That way I learn, hopefully, and the next thing I write won’t need quite so many edits! Smiling widely here.


I haven't read this author yet, but she sounds interesting. I must take a look, Anne

No comments: