Christmas Awards 2011

Friday 13 July 2007

Interview with Linda Mooney


We reviewed Linda's book recently and enjoyed it a lot!

Tell us a little about yourself

I’m a veteran Kindergarten and music teacher here in my little south Texas coastal town where my husband and I raised our two sons. I started writing when I was in elementary school, and have never let up.

It was only after my hubby’s heart transplant surgery in 2001 that I began writing romance stories in earnest, but didn’t have the courage to submit them until 2006. I’ve since had 4 books published, with 3 more due out before the end of 2007, and 3 more contracted (publishing dates unknown as I write this.) And that’s not counting the 5 other books out right now being looked at by other publishers.



What do you write?

I write lush romantic novels with a hint of science fiction or fantasy. They’re richly detailed, with sensuous love scenes that will warm your heart, action and adventure that will get your blood pumping, and characters who seem to leap off the pages as though you’re watching a movie in book form.

Every one of my books is different and unique. And sometimes my writing style is a little bit different as well, depending on the story.



Why do you write?

I write the kind of stories I want to read, basically. In the beginning my works were escape-isms for me. They still are.



What are you writing now?

I’m currently finishing up one book which is a paranormal love story about a dead cop who is searching for his killer and his missing body, and the blind psychic he falls in love with. I’m also writing a very gritty urban fantasy about a woman whose job it is to kill the creatures who inhabit mass murderers, which I would like to send to an agent if I can get up the nerve. LOL!



What kind of clothes do you like to wear?

Jeans and tops, mostly. Barefoot.



Are you in love? Have you ever been?

Oh, yeah. Hubby and I will celebrate 25 years next Jan. It’s amazing how much richer love grows when you almost lose someone you’re deeply connected to.



Do you have a dream lover – and what does he look like?

Umm... I guess you could say I vicariously live through my heroines when they love their lovers. Don’t we all?



What kind of comfort food do you like best?

Trail mix. Starbuck’s mocha frappicchinos. I practically live on the stuff when I’m writing. Otherwise I’m a fairly decent southern girl cook. My family’s never complained. Living spitting distance from the gulf coast, I eat lots of seafood, so I guess you could say it’s my weakness.



What makes you laugh? Cry?

Laugh? Spontaneous people who are honest and open.

Cry? Heart-wrenching love stories and movies with HEAs. And people who put me down because I write what my heart tells me to, and not what they think I should.

What do you do to amuse yourself when not working?

Umm, ever own a pug? Seriously, I spend time with friends and family. I love to travel and wish I could do more.

What is it in a man or woman that turns you on? The clean version please!

Honesty. Someone you won’t fear will turn on you, but who values you for you, and is willing to listen to you without judgment or prejudice.

What do you hate about life?

It’s brevity.

What do you hope to achieve in life and when will you know that you have been a success?

I told my hubby I’m not looking or aiming to be on anyone’s best seller list. I just want to be able to walk into a drugstore or supermarket - or bookstore at the airport! - and see one of my books on the shelf. That’s all. Of course, I would have to be mass market produced, so that’s my ultimate goal. Like Barry Manilow once said, when he got into an elevator and heard his works piped through Musak, he knew he’d make it. LOL!

What are you going to write next?

I’m going to write a story about a woodland faery who has to take human form and save her beloved home from deforestation. She ends up falling in love with the forest ranger she’s forced to work with. It’s entitled A Faery’s Tale, and it’s already outlined and ready to start.

Thank you so very much for this opportunity to chat with you!



Linda

No comments: