Christmas Awards 2011

Wednesday 18 July 2007

Interview for Auburnimp


Tell us a little about yourself: I live with 4 cats in an English city called Manchester. I have two grown-up children and 3 grandchildren. I spend most of my time at the computer and I’m a really boring person! For anymore consult my author bio ^_^


What do you write? I write mainly yaoi although I will probably turn my keyboard to m/f at some point. I like to write stories with a paranormal or superpower twist of some kind, probably because I think in anime.


Why do you write? I simply can’t help myself. It’s something I’ve done for amusement all my life and finally I’ve had the courage to submit work.


What are you writing now? The third part of the Fallen Angels series, the second is finished and with my beta reader. I’m also working on a great deal of collaborative fiction with Michael Barnette which we are both very excited about.


What kind of clothes do you like to wear? I’m a jeans and sweaters girl. When I do dress up it tends to be goth style. I’m a weirdo!


Are you in love? Only with life.

Have you ever been? Twice and neither experience ended well so I gave up on real life love and put it into my books instead.


Do you have a dream lover – and what does he look like? Oh yes! He’s the bassist of a j-rock band. Much too young for me but you did say dream lover!


What kind of comfort food do you like best? Depends on the season. In winter it’s a good thick stew with dumplings, in the summer its ice cream. Chocolate all year round but that’s a given.


What makes you laugh? Monty Python, the Princess Bride, Clue – I like witty humour.

Cry? West Side Story, the destruction of the planet, people who pretend to be friends, racism, intolerance. Wow, I got serious!


What do you do to amuse yourself when not working? Play Role Play games, watch anime, annoy people on IM’s, and play computer games. I’m never bored.


What is it in a man or woman that turns you on? The clean version please! Honesty, respect, long hair, nice eyes and gentle hands.

What do you hate about life? Having very little money.

What do you hope to achieve in life and when will you know that you have been a success? I hope to be able to make a reasonable living from writing and I’ll know I’ve achieved it when I can afford to have the kitchen roof fixed.

What are you going to write next? Probably another book with Michael, maybe fantasy or sci-fi who knows? We never do until it’s written! Oh and number four of Fallen Angels…
Aunimburp's book is published soon

No comments: