Christmas Awards 2011

Tuesday 25 March 2008

Interview With Rita Karnopp


Tell us a little about yourself

I’m married 34 years to a wonderful, supportive, sexy man. We live in beautiful Montana and take advantage of its beauty by camping, rafting, canoeing, hiking, gold panning, crystal digging, and fishing. Since both our kids are married, it’s just the two of us and our love bird, Ying.

What do you write?

I’m drawn to the history of the Native American and strive to bring alive the authenticity of a time past. When writing suspense or contemporary romance I enjoy bringing excitement and the enduring power of love to my stories. But even my contemporary books have a Native tone.


Why do you write?

I write because I can’t stop! I absolutely love creating a plot and creating characters that will bring it to life. I absolutely love to see my name on the cover of a book. It’s the ultimate natural high! I have more ideas for stories than I have time to write.


What are you writing now?

I’m getting RANSOME LOVE ready to send to my editor.

RANSOM LOVE: Montana Territory-Fall of 1868. For four years Jennie Proctor has lived with Indians. Now she must decide whether to trust the handsome white man who has come to rescue her, or spend the rest of her life a Blackfeet. Cody Larimer has one goal in life, to rescue captive women from Indians. Together they struggle to survive and form a mutual respect that soon turns into love, something neither believed possible.


What kind of clothes do you like to wear?

I’m terrible, I hate anything tight and confining…so the minute I get home from work I’m in lounging pants/tops and slippers. I hate shoes so I go through slippers like you wouldn’t believe!




Are you in love? Have you ever been?

34 years and counting… more in love now than ever! I got so lucky with husbands. He’s funny, teasing, and just one nice guy!


Do you have a dream lover – and what does he look like?

All you have to do is read my books to know that … tall, tan, sleek long hair that is tied back with feathers, breach clout and moccasins is my total dream turn-on!!


What kind of comfort food do you like best?

Like any woman… depends on my mood. Pissed… I want wine and chocolate covered cherries. Quiet and needed comfort…chips & a Pepsie… stressed I want a gin gimlet and macadamian nuts!


What makes you laugh? Cry?

I’m a slobbering idiot…. I cry over sad advertisements, sediments, any love story, and any heart-breaking situation. I laugh all day long…I love laughter and make every attempt to put laughter in my voice. I find most everything funny…. I’m Polish… but then again…that might be laughing at me…hopefully with me!


What do you do to amuse yourself when not working?

I love reading, of course. I also make dream catchers We crystal dig and I often put them in my dream catchers. I also love making necklaces! I love beads..beads and more beads!


What is it in a man or woman that turns you on? The clean version please!

The ultimate turn-on to me is soft music, wine, candle light, blanket on the floor in front of the fireplace with my best friend and husband (they are one-in-the same… just so you aren’t confused!).






What do you hate about life?

I absolutely hate prejudices. The color of ones skin does not make the woman or man. A religion does not make one good or bad. I’ve met people who I originally thought I wasn’t going to like…and once I gave them a chance…they became some of my best friends.

What do you hope to achieve in life and when will you know that you have been a success?

There are so many things, but one would be to purchase a house first for my husband and me, who lost everything and had to start all over due to my five surgeries. Then, upon being successful, I’d purchase a home for both my kids, so both my daughter and daughter-in-law could stay home with their children, without the stress of making house payments.


What are you going to write next?

Well, in May 2008 Uncial Press is releasing WHISPERING SUN, an Indian Historical that takes place in the new Territory of Montana 1864. Then in August 2008 Indian Historical RANSOM LOVE, Montana Territory 1868, is released by Eternal Press. And to close out the year, BETRAYAL, a murder mystery, will be released in November 2008 by Eternal Press. I’ll start the new year (2009) with Eternal Press releasing KIDNAPPED, a romantic suspense! So…I’m going to be a busy girl for a long time to come!

2 comments:

Asylumgirl said...

Rita,
I hope you do receive the success that you deserve and that you can realize those dreams you have.
It's true that prejudice holds the world back and we should always keep open minds about people. They usually end up surprising you. All the best.

Deidre

Sloane Taylor said...

Excellent interview, Rita.

You're writing schedule is packed. I'm happy to see more coming from you. A Rita Karnopp fix is always good.