Christmas Awards 2011

Monday 17 March 2008

Interview With Melody Knight

Questions for Red Roses For Authors/Reviews /Interview

Tell us a little about yourself
I'm a sometimes oil painter, sometimes graphic designer, sometimes student of mycology and archeology, and always writer.

What do you write?
I write science fiction, fantasy, horror, paranormal suspense, plus romance novels and novellas in all those genres.

Why do you write?
I like to fantasize, and I obviously enjoy scaring myself, .

What are you writing now?
I'm working on a horror novel with its basis in archeology, a paranormal novel specific to The Lotus Circle's brief, and a paranormal novella, which I hope to submit to Nocturne Bites.

What kind of clothes do you like to wear?
Jeans. Shiny shirts. Lots of sequins. The more glitz to dress up the jeans the better.

Are you in love? Have you ever been?
I'm not in love now, except with some of my characters. Yes, I was in love once, but I'm still searching for La Grande Passion.

Do you have a dream lover – and what does he look like?
No dream lover, but a description of my prince. He is faceless, except for his smile. He needs to have a smile that reaches his eyes.

What kind of comfort food do you like best?
Chocolate. Ice cream, frosting, candy bars. Anything chocolate.

What makes you laugh? Cry?
Ironic humor, and sometimes well-done slapstick. I don't cry. I refuse.

What do you do to amuse yourself when not working?
Painting. Reading. Watching DVDs with my kids. The sometimes shopping expedition.

What is it in a man or woman that turns you on? The clean version please!
I'm a cheap date. A warm smile and a charming demeanor will do it.

What do you hate about life?
Nothing. I'm glad to be here. Maybe that there's never enough of it?

What do you hope to achieve in life and when will you know that you have been a success?
I'd like to get a PhD some day, but basically, I'm happy with my accomplishments. How could I ask for more than I have? I wake up happy every day, plus I live a fairy tale, in which I'm lucky enough to be able to write and paint. I'd like to travel, too, but I'll see what happens.

What are you going to write next?
Something historical, methinks. Maybe another time travel or a historical romance. I also have strung out readers far too long with one of my fantasy series, and one of my horror series. I should wrap those up.

No comments: