Christmas Awards 2011

Sunday 21 October 2007

Interview with Tambra Kendall

Tell us a little about yourself


What do you write? I write mostly paranormal romance: futuristic/fantasy, contemporary, historical. Currently, my erotic romance titles, from all of these subgenres is what I’m selling the most of. I write the erotic and really hot titles under the name Tambra Kendall, the other romances under Keelia Greer.


Why do you write? From the time I was twelve years old, I knew I wanted to be a writer. Specifically, a romance writer. You see, even then I had to have my happily ever after. Writing is also therapeutic for me. When I’m away from it for two weeks or more, it makes me physically ill. The need to create is very strong.


What are you writing now? A Celtic fantasy romance and futuristic romance novels, three novellas and a short sensual romance.


What kind of clothes do you like to wear? Full, flowing skirts make of lightweight cotton, camisole top and thong sandals.


Are you in love? Have you ever been? I have been in love, but I’m not right now.


Do you have a dream lover – and what does he look like? Country singer, Keith Urban or model, Chris Dougles.


What kind of comfort food do you like best? Dark chocolate


What makes you laugh? Cry? Laughter: Monty Python and the Flying Circus, Benny Hill, Wallace and Gromit. (I love Gromit and Sean the Sheep!)



What do you do to amuse yourself when not working? I watch the History Channel, I’m a watercolorist and like to do art crafts. And I sing. If it works with my schedule, I enter karaoke contests.


What is it in a man or woman that turns you on? The clean version please! A man who genuinely respects and enjoys a woman’s company. A man that’s honest and not afraid of work.

What do you hate about life? The unfairness of situations you can’t get out of, no matter how much you want change. People that are cruel to other people and animals, racism, war, poverty.

What do you hope to achieve in life and when will you know that you have been a success? I hope to write all the books I can. I’d like to bring some happiness into the world with the stories I create. Making a good living from the writing. Speaking at conferences, making bestsellers lists, having students attend the classes I teach. I teach online creative writing classes and occasionally for our local college.

Most of all, I think, having readers write or tell me that one of my books made their lives better or helped them through a difficult time.

What are you going to write next? I’m writing two paranormal romantic suspense novellas, a short that’s contracted with my publisher and the Celtic fantasy romance novel. I work on more than one project at a time.

Thank you for the lovely questions. I’ve added the places to reach me and the titles I have available.

tambrakendall@sbcglobal.net
keeliagreer@sbcglobal.net
www.tambrakendall.com
www.keeliagreer.com
www.myspace.com/tambrakendall
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tambrakendall
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/keeliagreer
www.daughtersofcirce.com

TITLES under Tambra Kendall
Wicked Pleasures, a humorous erotic historical romance, from Red Rose Publishing
www.redrosepublishing.com

From Whiskey Creek Press Torrid www.whiskeycreekpresstorrid.com

Celtic Love Knots Volume 3, featuring my short erotic romance, Through a Magic Mist, an Irish time travel.

Summer Solstice Scorchers anthology featuring my contemporary vampire erotic romance, A Taste of the Forbidden.

TITLES under Keelia Greer
Available from Highland Press www.highlandpress.org

Blue Moon Magic anthology featuring In the Space of a Heartbeat, a futuristic vampire romance.

Holiday in the Heart featuring Ballou’s Christmas Wish, a contemporary romance with a matchmaking Westie.

For reviews and excerpts go to my websites.

No comments: