Christmas Awards 2011

Monday 22 October 2007

Aline de Chevigny


Tell us a little about yourself
I’m a 34 year old, old maid…no wait, 21st century right. Ahem...I’, a 34 year old independent woman. Yup sounds much better **grin**
I plan to keep writing as long as there’s someone out there who wants to read my stories…or I run out of ideas.

What do you write?
I write Romance, more specifically HEA romances in all genres and sub genres. I’m very fond of mixing genres in story. Have even gone so far as to created a Romantic Thriller LOL.

If you like Happily Ever After, then you’ll love the road travelled to get there.
That’s my modo and I’m sticking to it. hehe

Why do you write?
I’ve been a story teller all my life, more of a bard in the past than a writer. I would make up stories and then tell them to my cousins while we visited my grandparents for the summer. Then I’d talk them into acting tem out hehehe. I guess this is the next logical step since I’m terrified of acting LOL.

That and it would be kind of hard to convince grown men to pretend to be damsels in distress so that I could rescue them. **big grin**

By writing I can share my stories with a wider audience and if they want to act them out…well…they can be my guest hehe

What are you writing now?
I always have 2-5 stories on the go hehe how did you think I got multiple submissions done LOL. At the moment I’m writing a Valentine’s story, boo4 of the Chronicles of the cursed series, finishing my Brava entry and in November joining NANO.
Oh right there’s Forbidden Island too LOL

You can check out my ongoing progress on my blog http://alinedechevigny.blogspot.com/ and cheer me on as I sweat with Sven.

What kind of clothes do you like to wear?
Comfy! Hehehe I’m no girly girl, getting me in a dress will require my funeral hehe Cause then I won’t have a choice.
I spend half my time in steel toed boots and PPE Equipment so when I get home I want comfy, loose clothing.

Are you in love? Have you ever been?
No I’m not in love. I thought I was once but it was a wrong number.
I know that one day I will be. The guy meant for me is just being stubborn at the moment. I believe in love at first sight, hopefully he will too.

Do you have a dream lover – and what does he look like?
Oh definitely, but I have no idea what he looks like, he’s always in shadow. But I know what he feels like. When I meet him I’ll know.

What kind of comfort food do you like best?
That’s easy homey foods.
Homemade meatball soup (My dad’s recipe)
Cabbage rolls (My mom’s recipe)
Scalloped potatoes (My recipe)
Roasted Pork, potatoes, carrots and sour dough bread (Grandma’s specialty)

What makes you laugh? Cry?
Ok Laugh first… um everything and anything LOL
A good joke, a bad joke, romantic comedies, bad horror movies LOL
My Nephews LOL

And crying...I’m such a suck LOL
Those Bell Canada telephone commercials
Movie previews to sad movies
Pride and Prejudice
Jane Eyre
Need I go on?

What do you do to amuse yourself when not working?
I like to watch movies, go out with my friends, pick on my friends, corrupt their kids. **evil grin**
Visit my family or stay home and read a good book…man I miss reading.
But mostly I write and chat with the readers on the loops oh and Sleep. Lots and lots of sleep.
I work a 2 week in and 2 week out rotation, so after my 180-290 ours in the 2 weeks on, I’m exhausted.

What is it in a man or woman that turns you on? The clean version please!
Men…. Ok first yummy.
It’s the eyes, then a good sense of humour. He seriously needs to be able to take a joke.
I like stubborn men with sarcastic wits LOL what can I say, I can be difficult at times so I need a man who won’t run away the 1st time we have a little fight. I mean seriously where the fun in that?
Loyalty, that is beyond sexy.

What do you hate about life?
People who are only out for themselves and will walk all over everyone just to get what they want.
That and people who steal form others, so they don’t have to work. That burns my ass.

What do you hope to achieve in life and when will you know that you have been a success?
A Nobel Prize.
I kid you not, I’ve wanted one since I was 6.
I’d been aiming for one in chemistry, but unless I get that job in research LOL, one in Literature will do. **big goofy grin**
Then I’ll know I did it.

What are you going to write next?
I seriously have no idea past NANO LOL
Probably that Faerie story fro RRP I promised Wendi LOL

No comments: