Christmas Awards 2011

Monday 22 October 2007

Interview With Nancy Lindley-Gauthier

Tell us a little about yourself
I admire horses, and love to both ride and drive them. Over the years, I have come to admire many different breeds, and many of my works involve some detail of equine history.
My latest, coming soon from The Red Rose Press, is called 'Secret Fire.' It is the story of an heiress on an Arabian horse buying expedition, set back in the 1950s. I enjoyed the research into the desert countries where people searched, so long ago, for those beautiful horses.

What do you write?
I write both long and short works, most with some type of adventure as the main theme. I love to read, and tend to be quite eclectic about reading choice; it’s a specific storyline that will appeal to me. Among my favourites are mysteries and romances, and feel my own best works combine the two.


Why do you write?
I am motivated to write whenever I can't find exactly the story that I want to read. If I want to read about a personal quest, like someone attempting to sail around the world, and can't find that sort of story (that I am envisioning,) I start to write it.

What are you writing now?
I am working on a sequel to that historic romance 'Secret Fire,' tentatively titled, 'Forbidden Fire.' It follows the main character, Sybil, as she struggles to adjust to what is, in essence, a whole new world to her.


What kind of clothes do you like to wear?
I am afraid I am a t-shirt, jeans and flip-flops kind of girl.


Are you in love? Have you ever been?
I am about the luckiest person in the world: I am married to the love of my life, my wonderful Kent.


Do you have a dream lover – and what does he look like?
I have to admit, Kent in his wedding suit about blew me away. He is teddy-bear cute, with crystal-blue eyes, laugh lines, and an always-present smile.

What kind of comfort food do you like best?
Pie: blueberry pie. Rhubarb or pecan are good, apple will do, but there is nothing like blueberry.

What makes you laugh? Cry?
We have a lot of animals - one very opinionated cat, three dogs, and seven horses. We have two chickens, as well. You don't have to work very hard to find humor in all their activities.

What do you do to amuse yourself when not working?
I take my horses out for a carriage drive (not all at once, one or two at a time. I am very envious of those 'whips' that can handle the reins on four horses, or more!) I dream of sailing, but honestly only get out a couple times a year.

What is it in a man or woman that turns you on? The clean version please! Beautiful eyes are number one: a stunning voice can send shivers down my spine, though.

What do you hate about life?
I don't adapt well to changes; large or small. So, the hardest thing about life for me is coping with the unexpected.

What do you hope to achieve in life and when will you know that you have been a success?
Success, to me, is all about living a wonderful life, enjoying life and helping others to enjoy life. It isn't something that you do, complete, and stand back to admire, but rather, something that you try to do everyday.

What are you going to write next?
A funny, quirky romance series about two sisters growing up on the coast of Maine: their lives and loves. I am having a really wonderful time with the start of those, and hope to develop them into a full-length book. I call the manuscript "The Painter's Impressions."

1 comment:

Nancy Lindley said...

Dear Nancy....I was browsing the web for a news article about me (Nancy A. Lindley) and I found you. Some coincidence that we even have the same middle initial. My maiden name was Alexander and my middle name is Ann. I use the initial A for either. I hope you are a successful writer. People have told me that I should write a book as I have had a lot of life experience that some might find interesting. I even like to write but probably will never sit down long enough to create a book.

Best Wishes...Nancy A. Lindley