Christmas Awards 2011

Friday 19 October 2007

Interview with Kendra Mei Chailyn



Tell us a little about yourself
About myself...It’s always weird talking about yourself...lol...ok...I am a twenty four year old Jamaican living in Canada. I am also a university student so most of the time, between my writing and school along with a social life I barely even have time to breathe but I love it. I love acting, trying to sing along with a whole slew of other things that people wonder where I find time to do lol....I LOVE a good action movie where things blow up! And I love a good comedy. It’s funny, I’m not so much into the sappy romance movies...I don’t know why.

What do you write?
I write sensual, interracial romance. But I am looking to branch out!

Why do you write?
Why do I write? Simply? I write because I love it. I have been writing every since I was about ten (poems, songs etc). It seems that I have always been writing. It makes me smile to think that I can create something from nothing. I love it when people can pick up a copy of my work, read it and have a good day/night because of it. Writing keeps me sane, if I am having a bad day I sit down at my laptop and write. Other people go kickboxing or jogging or beat some one up (I don’t recommend by the way)...I write out my frustration.

What are you writing now?
Oh man..lets see now. I am working on my first Paranormal (wolf Shifter) for Red Rose Publishing. They are doing an anthology for Full Moon Farm. It’s a wonderful cause and since I have never written a paranormal before, this is proving to be a challenge but I say, bring it on! Lol...I am also working on the sequel to my first paper back novel “Destiny’s Cowboy” along with that I am researching Stonehenge for my Nanowrimo novel that I have titled “Stonehenge” that’s just a few of what I am working on...the list goes on lol!

What kind of clothes do you like to wear?
LOL! Kinda personal....lol...ok I’m a Tom Boy so I love a nice pair of baggy jeans, my university sweat shirt and a baseball cap. There’s this necklace of the Metallica “St Anger” fist that I wear on a regular basis. I love to be comfortable but when the time calls for it, I can get decked out with the best of ‘em.


Are you in love? Have you ever been?
Nope, I’m not in love though I just broke up with someone. Yes I have been in love. I dedicated one of my stories to him. Even though we no longer date, we are still close friends because we only broke up because of the distant thing so it wasn’t a drop-down butt-kicking sort of break up. He’s a wonderful guy and if the situation was different or ever becomes better I’d be right there again *blush*

Do you have a dream lover – and what does he look like?
Oh boy do I! Well, my dream lover is a mixture of Orlando Bloom, Michael Jai White, The Rock *growls* he has to be tender, loving, honest. Something like Mark from my story “A Sistah for Mark”

What kind of comfort food do you like best?
Chocolate! Anything that is chocolate! And some good old mommy’s cooking (Jamaican food) ok now I’m home-sick!

What makes you laugh? Cry?
What makes me laugh? Hrm....I am the biggest goof ball you’ll ever meet and my friends are crazy. If it’s a good joke I’ll laugh. Or if a friend does something stupid that is just out there. I love a good giggle too. I love the movie “Diary of a Mad Black Woman” for an example of some of my taste in comedy.

What makes me cry...Missing or abused children. That makes be cry and makes me angry. A sad movie, those commercials on television about starving children. Soldiers getting killed overseas, it breaks my heart.

What do you do to amuse yourself when not working?
I search through my author friend’s websites, MySpace, Facebook. Youtube (which I am addicted to). Bugging my mom and dad (I don’t live at home now because of out of town university so I call home often *grins*), I love American Justice and Cold Cases (the real Cold Cases).

What is it in a man or woman that turns you on? The clean version please!
Aww man! You’re no fun! Lol...Well the thing that turns me on in a man is if he’s independent. I am not clingy and I don’t want a man that is clingym who wants to know where I am every second of every day...it gets old. I love a man that can make me smile or just burst out laughing. And if he’s willing to sit down with me, cuddle and read a romance novel with me (yah right) then he’s got me!

What do you hate about life?
The truth? I hate how complicated it gets at times. But I guess without the complications there wouldn’t be so much good right?

What do you hope to achieve in life and when will you know that you have been a success?
I hope to one day write for Harlequin LOL big goals but hey, I was told to set my bar high. I want to eventually open my own publishing company and be able to travel where ever , whenever I want. But for the short term, I want to graduate with honours from university and find a good job to pay off my student loans and who knows, maybe find my happily ever after *Wink*

What are you going to write next?
Well, I am seriously thinking of writing an interracial series with really “Strange” culture mixes since I am OBSSESSED with cultures. But I shouldn’t even be thinking about a new story, my works in progress list is WAY too long! lol

No comments: