Christmas Awards 2011

Wednesday 16 May 2007

Interview with Rita Karnopp

Super answers Rita. Red Roses hasn't reviewed you yet but we'll get you one of these days! Anne

Tell us a little about yourself

BIO: Rita Karnopp has been writing for over fifteen years. She is a ten-year member of RWA, having attended three National Conventions. She served two years as RWA Outreach President and the Big Sister/Little Sister Coordinator for Region Four. She was three years President, one year Vice-President and Newsletter Editor of the Heart of Montana RWA Chapter.
She is a 1988 graduate of the Institute of Children's Literature in recognition of completing the Writing for Children and Teenagers course. In 1991 she completed the Writer's Digest Grammar Course. She has spoken to the Great Falls Historical Society on how to take and write oral histories. She is also a regular presenter for the Great Falls Public Schools speaking on The Writer in You.
Rita contributed a story on Mary Ground (Grass Woman, of Browning, Montana) to the anthology, Daughters of the Land, a Maverick Publication that has gone into three print runs. This book is a collection of stories about Native American women who helped civilize the west.
Rita’s first ebook sale to Triskelion Publishing, KIDNAPPED, was released May 7, 2007!
Her second book, an Indian Historical, WHISPERING SUN, will be released by Uncial Press in the spring of 2008.


What do you write?
I love to write suspense, Indian historical romance. I also have a Native American ‘life goes full-circle’ type futuristic and a serial killer novel. Yikes… I haven’t settled down yet…and I would suspect I never will. I’m actually working on a ‘gypsy heroine during the holocaust.’

Why do you write? I write because I can’t stop the stories filling my head and demanding to be written!! It’s my passion! It’s my joy. It’s my dream.
What are you writing now? I’m finishing a romantic suspense, THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTRY. It follows THOU SHALT NOT KILL of my Ten Commandments Series.

What kind of clothes do you like to wear? I love jeans anything reflecting a Native American feel…feathers…beads…turquoise…I’m just a down to earth Montana girl.


Are you in love? Have you ever been?
I’m more in love now…than 34 years ago when I married my husband. He’s my best friend, my partner and my lover. He’s the best thing that has ever happened to me.

Do you have a dream lover – and what does he look like?
I must admit my bald, soft kissing husband is my ‘dream lover’. If I were to pick someone other than hubby, I’d say Lou Diamond Phillips is a hunk as was Daniel Day-Lewis in THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS.

What kind of comfort food do you like best?
I’m a woman… chocolate covered cherries and a dry glass of Australian or South African chardonnay!

What makes you laugh? Cry? My children make me laugh as does my husband’s dry sense of humour. I love laughter. And I believe we should laugh no less than 30 times a day! I’m an extrovert and a woman with a positive attitude. I’d rather laugh than cry. Oh…cry? Well a ‘Kodak moment,’ a rose for no reason, a daughter or son getting married, writing the courtroom scene in my book KIDNAPPED… need I say more?

What do you do to amuse yourself when not working?
I work as an executive secretary, so when I’m not working I write! To unwind I love watching movies. I love to make dream catchers. I love to go crystal digging. I love floating the Missouri River on our raft…with hubby. I enjoy canoeing, fishing, camping. I love sitting around the camp fire with family…sharing stories and jokes.

What is it in a man or woman that turns you on? The clean version please!
I think it’s sexy when my husband surprises me with a deep kiss that makes me yearn for more. I find cooking with hubby a turn on. Watching a sexy, tender movie with lights down, candles lit and a glass of wine extremely a turn on!

What do you hate about life?
I hate prejudices of any kind.
What do you hope to achieve in life and when will you know that you have been a success? My goal in life was to see my name on the cover of a book! I am a success already… the rest will be more than I’ve ever hoped for. I feel extremely blessed in life.

What are you going to write next?
I have a drive that keeps pushing me to finish my suspense Ten Commandment Series and to get typing on TANGO OF DEATH (TANGO FUN TOYT) – my gypsy story.

No comments: