Christmas Awards 2011

Friday 25 May 2007

Interview with Lynne Marshall

Lynne's book for HMB was reviewed on this site. Good luck with your dreams Lynne!
Tell us a little about yourself
I’m a recently retired registered nurse who discovered writing late in life. I started writing the book of my heart during a late mid-life crisis. It kept me from going nuts, and I produced a wonderfully compelling story as a result. I am married for twenty-four years and have two grown children. My daughter got married on May 12th and my son is training as a medic in a Special Forces Unit in the army. I am proud of both of them!

What do you write?
I now write for Harlequin Mills & Boon in their medical romance line. I also write what I have coined "boomer romance" because it’s never too late to fall in love and baby boomers still like to hold books in their hands when they read!

Why do you write?
I have so many stories floating around in my head, that I think I’d burst if I didn’t write them down!

What are you writing now?
I am currently writing my fifth medical romance and editing an inspirational romance. I have edits and rewrites waiting for my next boomer romance, too. In other words, I’m very busy and have no business having fun with interviews like these! LOL.





What kind of clothes do you like to wear?
Whenever I am involved in writing workshops or meetings, I definitely go for the professional look. We all need to visualize our success, and I believe dressing for success is very important.
But when I’m home and writing, that’s another story. I prefer loose fitting clothes like workout pants and tee shirts. I absolutely hate to wear bras and leave them off at home. Some days, when I’m engrossed in writing, I don’t’ get dressed until after lunch!

Are you in love? Have you ever been?
I am married for 24 years and have learned the joys of long-lasting love. But I also get to indulge myself in the best of both worlds by writing romance. Everyone never forgets those first moments of falling in love. They cannot be repeated in real life, but in romance stories we get to experience them over and over again.
Do you have a dream lover – and what does he look like?
Whatever book I am writing, my hero becomes my dream lover. I make him the man I would give anything to know. I hope it comes through in my books.
What kind of comfort food do you like best?
When I’m really stressed, I crave macaroni and cheese. But daily, I like to indulge in Chai Tea latte’s and occasionally chocolate (hopefully surrounded by a cookie). Mm mm.

What makes you laugh? Cry?
I love quick wits and snappy repartee. I admire anyone who is quick witted. I still laugh at Seinfeld reruns and Monty Python shenanigans. The last time I laughed really hard was with my sister. Our cousin was recalling some funny incidents with our Uncle and my sister and I were in stitches.
I cry over the massive love I feel for my children. I am overwhelmed almost daily with the depth of love I feel for them.
I cry when I lose people close to me, and that is becoming more often as I grow older. The world lost a great soul when my brother died last June.
My heart hurts when I see children suffer, or animals, or anyone with severe health issues. I loved being a nurse and caring for those in need. It filled my heart.
What do you do to amuse yourself when not working?
I love to read. Of course! I also love to watch a well-written movie or play, which is getting harder and harder to find!
Music is a great way to enjoy life. And playing with our dog never ceases to amuse me.
What is it in a man or woman that turns you on? The clean version please!
A sense of humor is, hands down, the sexiest thing a man can possess. It has always amazed me how beautiful women wind up with frumpy men. I am willing to bet it either has to do with lots of money or the guy makes the lady laugh. It’s a gift to spread cheer. And a smart wit is very enticing.
What do you hate about life?
The injustice of where a person is born and who their parents are.
What do you hope to achieve in life and when will you know that you have been a success?
Wow. That’s a tough question! I never expected to be a writer, but here I am. I have made people laugh and cry with my books, and that’s pretty awesome. So, in part I have achieved a portion of success. I’d like to widen my readership, of course.
As a parent, growing my children into independent adults is a big challenge. I will definitely feel I have been successful when my children live full and hardy and embrace life full on.
What are you going to write next?
I am going to write another medical romance and another boomer romance and

No comments: