Christmas Awards 2011

Wednesday 9 May 2007

Interview with Ayn Amoreli


Ayn is a writer for Black Velvet Seductions and her book Contract Bride was reviewed by one of our reviewers. Roxy liked it and gave it 4.5 red roses. Anne

Tell us a little about yourself.
1)I’m a published writer and write about ghosts which only I can see and hear. I also write about people no one else can see either. And I talk to them too. I talk to them a lot. Every single one of them. I just sit in a little room all by myself and talk to them and argue with them, and listen to them talk back to me, and fuss like the very dickens if I want them to do something they don’t want to do.
I also go into the bedrooms of people only I can see and hear, and watch them make love, while I take notes…a lot of notes. Then I not only write about what they did, but I get it published too!
Other than that, I’m a fairly average normal person.


2.) What do you write?
I write Gothic Mysteries under Ayn Hunt and steamy Romances under Ayn Amorelli. So I really have 2, well, maybe 3 identities, depending on my mood at the moment and what I’m writing. The first two identities are my "writer identities" and the third identity is the normal-type camouflage I present to the world when I’m not writing.


3.) Why do you write?
Because only I can see and hear and talk to characters who are the most fascinating in the entire world. They may seem ordinary. They look ordinary. But just let them get behind closed doors, then watch out! Even I’ve had to duck for cover sometimes.
But then I’ve been practicing this for years, since I never wanted to be anything other than a published writer, ever since I can remember. I think a writer has to be nosey too, and I am. I’m a people-watcher who eavesdrops on every conversation I can.


4.) What are you writing now?
I’ve just completed my 5th book, which I’m sending to a publisher at
their request. It’s a spicy Historical Romance called The Wayward Governess. It’s the most challenging I’ve written because of the detailed research I had to do.


5.) What kind of clothes do you like to wear?
Whatever’s clean in my closet which is usually jeans and a top in the
colder months, which we sometimes have here in Houston . But when the temperature hits 80, I put on shorts. I never ever wear shoes unless I’m going out.


6.) Are you in love? Have you ever been?
Sure. I’ve been married to the man of my dreams for nearly 34 years
He’s a very willing participant when I want to do ‘research’ for my Romances.
Aside from that, I went to college (never finished, but I did go) during the 60’s. I never messed with drugs or booze, but I ‘sort of’ experimented with "Make Love, Not War." I know now that’s a bit naughty, but I was very impressionable at the time, and catchy slogans impressed the heck out of me.


7.) Do you have a dream lover – and what does he look like?
A man who’s rich might qualify. It depends.


8.) What kind of comfort do you like best?
Chocolate. And when I feel really lousy, I get frozen strawberries and dip them in
chocolate syrup.

9.) What makes you laugh? Cry?
My aunt once complained I had a very strange sense of humor. But my favorite show was "Three’s Company." Chrissy getting things mixed up always cracked me up.
As for crying, I always cry when I watch old movies, the really dramatic ones in black and white, where the man and woman have to live apart even though they love each other desperately. I know it’s fiction, but the actors of those days make me forget it isn’t real.


10.) What do you do to amuse yourself when not working?
My weakness is books. When I’m not writing, you can bet I have a have a couple of books close by that I read every chance I get. I don’t have a favorite genre. Or a favorite book. I like nearly everything.


11.) What is it in a man or woman that turns you one? The clean version, please!
Intelligence. Followed by a man’s hairy chest, the hairier, the better.


12.) What do you hate about life?
War and violence. I’ve started not watching the news on TV because it’s filled with it, and there isn’t a blasted thing I can do about it.


13.) What do you hope to achieve in life and when will you know that you have been a success?
To me, being a success means working at something you love. For me, that’s writing. But I’m not at the point where I want to be…not yet. And maybe that’s part of it too, the striving to be better in the future than I am in the present.

No comments: