Christmas Awards 2011

Saturday 5 May 2007

Interview Lynda K. Scott


Lynda K. Scott
Lynda is an American writer. Her book Heartstone has just been reviewed on Red Roses For Authors. I admired her for her book already, but I admire her more now that I've read her answers. Anne
Tell us a little about yourself
I’m a computer operator/programmer for a Building Automation System and a bit of a geek; love technology and love to figure out how it works. I also love science (even if a good deal of it’s over my head, I love to read Scientific American) and history though not recent history. I’m a wife and a mom and I’ve done all the mom things like make costumes for Halloween and dance classes, bake sales, chauffeuring, etc. I’ve done the Girl Scout Troop Leader thing (which was a LOT of fun!) I’ve got so many interests that it’s hard to catalogue them all and I often refer to myself as a Jack-of-all-trades.

What do you write?
I mostly write cross-genre futuristic romance with a good strong adventure though I’ve written some erotic paranormal and I have a historical that’s been begging for attention for the last few years. So many ideas, so little time to actually write them!
Why do you write?
The classic answer? The voices tell me to The real answer? I’ve been writing stories since I learned to hold a pencil. It’s what I do.
What are you writing now?
I’m working on a futuristic set in the far future that I’ve tentatively titled Rider’s Luck. It involves a trader with a criminal past who’s pursued by a lawman who wants to bring her and her old friends to justice. But he finds that the criminal charges against her are bogus and as his feelings for her develop, he wants to find a way to exonerate her.
What kind of clothes do you like to wear?
I’m into comfortable clothes, nothing tight or restrictive. I prefer jeans and T-shirts but I can get fancied up when I have to. Then I really like sparkly stuff.

Are you in love? Have you ever been?
Yes, I still love the man I married even though he drives me to distraction sometimes. I’m sure he feels the same way so I guess that’s fair

Do you have a dream lover – and what does he look like?
Each time I start a new book, I get a new dream lover He’s tall, well built and has a heart-melting smile. Right now, he’s got dark auburn hair, hazel eyes, one dimple in his cheek and a soft brogue.

What kind of comfort food do you like best?
I’m a country girl so I like fried chicken, mashed potatoes and green beans cooked with a little bacon or salt pork. Dessert is almost always chocolate.

What makes you laugh? Cry?
There’s a lot that makes me laugh. People. Animals. The really weird stuff I see in every day life. I laugh at my cat, Wookie Baby, who is a sweet, if slightly neurotic feline who is currently obsessing about the new ceiling fan in my dining area. And I laugh at my dog, Zuzu, who watches Wookie obsess about the ceiling fan with a perplexed expression that’s almost human.
Cruelty to children and animals makes me cry. It also makes me very, very angry.

What do you do to amuse yourself when not working?
I write. Wait. Writing is supposed to be work, isn’t it? Okay, I play computer games or watch TV or read one of the kazillion books I own. Occasionally I work in my garden but all that fresh air and sunshine can send me reeling back into the house when my allergies start up.

What is it in a man or woman that turns you on? The clean version please!
I like men who show in their words, expressions and actions how they feel about a woman. I like fidelity and honesty and gentleness and strength. That turns me on faster than anything.
Women don’t turn me on but if I had to describe the perfect friend, it would be one who accepts me, would stand by me, and who wouldn’t play the little games some people resort to. Luckily I have several very good friends who fit the bill.
What do you hate about life?
That it’s too short and sometimes it isn’t very fair.

What do you hope to achieve in life and when will you know that you have been a success?
I’d like to sell enough books to quit my day job. Or to keep a roof over my head and food on the table if my husband loses his job. But really, I’d be head over heels if a reader came up and asked for an autograph. I’d know I had ‘made’ it then.
What are you going to write next?
If Rider’s Luck is a success, I’d like to write a sequel or turn it into a series. There are at least two characters in there that would like their own books. They’re getting pretty insistent about it too.

www.triskelionpublishing.com

No comments: