Christmas Awards 2011

Wednesday 22 July 2009

Interview With Clareta King


Tell us a little about yourself
Well, what do you want to know? LOL :-)
I am a woman, single and consciously enjoy life as much as possible. I love travelling overseas meeting new people and learning about different cultures.
I work full time in the global banking industry and very much enjoy my work. A keen triathlete, I take part in triathlons around England as a licensed triathlete at least twice a year.

I come from a large family and live in the UK. My family are spread out from living in various London cities in England; Toronto, Canada; Florida and New York, USA to various parts of the Caribbean.

I am a bit of a dreamer, hence why I write. I would love to be recognised as a respected author one day. Believe me, I am working on it. My first book, 'Out of Her League.' I self-published in 2007. It is a contemporary romance novel. My second book 'Clara's Eastern Delight,' has been contracted by Red Rose Publishing (RRP). Hopefully, I am on the right road. It's hard work though. I admire quality authors, regardless of whether or not they are best-sellers and known globally. There are many talented and successful authors around and I my aim is to be noted among them one day.


What do you write?
Stories based on love and romance between a man and a woman and how their lives and every step they take lead them to each other in and amongst their daily pursuits.

Why do you write?
I enjoy being creative, making up scenes and stories in my mind. Writing is very relaxing and soothing and I find that the more I write, I get lost in my own world and literally shut out the outside world. I get very involved to the extent that in my mind, my characters are real people going through the trials and tribulations of life. My characters are meaningful, entertaining, annoying, witty, strong, weak, respectable and I totally enjoy creating, shaping and having them around to write about.


What are you writing now?
A short story entitled Saskia's Prize for the RRP Desert Rose line.

What kind of clothes do you like to wear?
During the evenings and at weekends I wear comfortable sports gear (jogging pants and tops) as I am a keen triathlete and love the feeling of freedom when wearing sports gear.

I wear smart suits to smart casual wear for the office.

Very elegant dresses, beautiful shoes and purses including gorgeous perfumes when I attend cocktail parties, theatre etc.

Are you in love? Have you ever been?

Not in love with anyone at present.
Yes, it was fantastic while it lasted.

Do you have a dream lover – and what does he or she look like?
A handsome young Arabian prince look-a-like.

What kind of comfort food do you like best?
Protein balls and raw cashew kernels. They are healthy and delicious.

What makes you laugh? Cry?
Laugh?
Funny jokes, of course, comedy, whether or not they are read, told, heard or watched. Being tickled. Funny dancing, pulling of faces and general clowning around.
Cry?

Cruelty against children - this really affects me deeply.

What do you do to amuse yourself when not working?
When I am relaxing, I love listening to all types of music whilst reading a good novel.
When I am active I totally adore doing Bikram Yoga. I also love swimming in natural lakes and ponds in the English countryside in Windsor, Berkshire and in the ponds in Hampstead, London.


What is it in a man or woman that turns you on? The clean version please!
A mutual and passionate love for each other, caring, nurturing, lead-up and fore-play before making love, the meeting of the minds, dreams and desires. Physically, soft, warm and smooth skin, skin that's scented with captivating cologne and
perfume. I love to listen to a nice and sensuous voice. Good dancing turns me on too



What do you hate about life?
Man's evil toward man

Jeremiah 17:9
“The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked; Who can know it?"

Proverbs 25:2
It is the glory of God to conceal a thing, heaven for its height and the earth for its depth, but man's heart is unsearchable

What do you hope to achieve in life and when will you know that you have been a success?
I would hope to continue to be a success and to be remembered as a success in my death when I am remembered as the person who had done as much good deeds for as many people as possible; lived my entire life without cause of any detriment to another person; to have loved all people unconditionally and to be an ambassador for peace in life now and in death.

What are you going to write next?
I am in the process of writing two books, one is another novel for the RRP Desert Rose line, which is nearing completion, entitled Saskia's Prize and the other is a contemporary romance which I have started.



http://redrosepublishing.com/bookstore/product_info.php?products_id=418

No comments: