Christmas Awards 2011

Tuesday, 4 September 2007

Interview with Megan Hussey


Tell us a little about yourself I’m a Florida gal who loves writing naughty stories and leading the Playgirl Posse, a group that supports Playgirl, PlaygirlTV and the concept of quality erotica for women.


What do you write? Paranormal and contemporary erotica with a humorous edge. Currently I have in print six single-title books through Silk’s Vault; eight digest stories available in print and e-book through Midnight Showcase; a single title e-book and an audio book, also available through Midnight Showcase; two stories at the Playgirl.Com website; and my upcoming first e-book with Dark Eden Press.


Why do you write? I’ve written since I was a small child; I always loved making up stories and putting them on paper. Writing is my life’s passion – with gorgeous men coming in an excruciatingly close second.


What are you writing now? My ‘coming soon’ titles are Under Cover of Night, a vampire tale to be released through Dark Eden Press; Prince of Dreams, a fantasy time travel to be released through Silk’s Vault Publishing; and Hump Day, a paranormal humor story in the Sinful Sundaes 3 digest for Midnight Showcase.


What kind of clothes do you like to wear? Feminine but comfortable; I love florals and bluejeans in equal measure


Are you in love? Have you ever been? Of course; one should always be a little in love, it adds a lot to life, especially if you’re a romance writer. Even so, I’m fiercely independent and live on my own.


Do you have a dream lover – and what does he look like? Long silky hair, muscular physique, penetrating eyes and full, gorgeous lips.


What kind of comfort food do you like best? CHOCOLATE!


What makes you laugh? Cry? I love movies of all kinds, they make me laugh and cry in equal measure. I love being around funny people, as well. I don’t cry often, but prejudice and inequality make me very unhappy.


What do you do to amuse yourself when not working? I love movies, dancing and spending time with family and friends.


What is it in a man or woman that turns you on? The clean version please!
Humor, kindness, and (I can’t lie), physical attractiveness. Plus I just loving feeling the surge of energy that flows when you meet someone special; I believe very much in fate and love at first sight.

What do you hate about life? The unkindness and unfairness with which people sometimes treat each other; plus sometimes we get so busy, we forget to stop and enjoy life.

What do you hope to achieve in life and when will you know that you have been a success? I hope to write as much as possible, bringing pleasure and entertainment to people in the process. I want to make strides in the literary and feminist movements.

To me, happiness is its own reward; to be happy and giving in what you do is the true mark of success.

What are you going to write next? More short and full-length e-books and print books, mostly dealing with fantasy/paranormal themes; right now I’m working on a vampire story called Keeper of the Night and a merman tale called Azure Dreams. Plus I’m working on a nonerotic romance book called The Merprince, and several humorous and feminist essays.
Lovely interview, Megan!

No comments: